Sir Francis Bacon

Histories make men wise; poets, witty; the mathematics, subtle; natural philosophy, deep; moral, grave; logic and rhetoric, able to contend.

--Of Studies--

Administrative

Good Morrow Blogosphere!

Just two quick notes.

First, my good friend Jeff Chapman has sold his short story "The Princess and the Vampire" to Coach's Midnight Diner, a print anthology. Having looked the story over prior to his submission, I was certain it would do well. It's an interesting perspective on the recent teenage vampire craze, a cautionary tale, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering a love affair with a demon or demoness. Jeff's blog, as well as the full account of his victory, may be found here.

Congratulations Jeff, keep up the excellent work!

Second, I'm afraid I'm going to be off-world next week for a little respite from the daily trials and tribulations of the modern aspiring author. I'll try to get another post written, maybe post-publish it in the middle of the week. At any rate, I'll be taking the Poetic Edda with me, so I should have plenty to talk about upon my return.

Callisto is simply marvelous this time of century, that was my choice, but everyone else wanted to stay by the sulphur beaches of Io, and in the end I acquiesced.

No comments:

Post a Comment